A book cover an advertising tool to help you market your books. Period. It is not meant to be a stand-alone work of art.
That’s why we’ve not strayed from genre cover conventions. Your book may be, and probably is, new, different and innovative. But a cover exists to draw readers to your book by communicating the book’s genre and tone.
And don’t get caught up in details. After all, the reason you buy a pre-made cover is to save money. So if you like a cover, think it communicates your book’s genre, setting, and emotional vibe at-a-glance, don’t sweat it. Once they buy a book, readers will focus on the writing. Odds are, they’ll never notice that the cover’s hero has brown hair while the book states their hair is black.
However, if it’s important to you, it’s important to us. We can change minor details for a price. See below Or if we can custom-design your cover specifically for your book. Just contact us for a quote via the form below, or email us at email@example.com.
Included with the Base Price
- Ebook cover (1800 by 2700 pixels, the self-publishing standard) with your title. name and subtitle or series name added and styled as in the example.
- FYI — Print covers cost extra. See the section below on Optional Services for details.
- Images for small and large thumbnail sizes and a 3-D mockup for use in your advertising.
- Minor adjustments, like changing a title texture from stone to metal, for instance.
- Remove the DeLeon Designs and any stock image watermarks.
- FYI. All images are royalty free. Other cover designers use images that require a second payment once you sell 200,000 copies. Not us. We use royalty-free images. Sell one copy or millions, you will not pay extra for this cover after you publish the book.
Optional Extras (billed in 15-minute increments of $25 unless noted)
- Create Print-Ready File (6 x 9 inches at 300 dpi, the self-publishing standard) for on-demand publishers like CreateSpace, a fixed-rate $50 charge.
- You will need to provide the following, most of which you can get from your publisher: 1) Blurb & author picture and bio, 2) IPC code, and 3) page-count and paper weight (so we know how wide to make the book’s spine).
- The back will lack fancy effects, like wrap-around images. But it will be appealing, professional and harmonize with the cover.
- Writing a Series and Love the Cover? We can turn most designs into a series.
- Other changes, such as adding small items, may be possible.
- Please note that some changes non-designers think are simple, like font or color changes, do take work — and sometimes a lot of work.
- Contact us via the contact form on this page for a price quote, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About this Design
Our pre-made covers are one-of-a-kind. Once you buy the cover and use it, we “break the mold,” and will never sell the same design again.
This design is perfect for your epic fantasy trilogy. The basic image includes a dragon embossed on an antique, leather book. As the books in your trilogy “tie together,” we designed these covers to compliment each other — the colors coordinate across the books — to provide your readers a consistent look across the series. This will make you book look professional and stand-out.
The craftsmanship resembles what you’ll find on best-selling genre fantasy book covers: blended images, light-dark contrast, a controlled color palette and distinctive, carefully chosen typefaces with text that’s easy-to-read, even at Amazon thumbnail size. This professional cover will set your book apart from most self-published works to help you sell more copies.