We help book cover artists sell more covers:
- We bring the authors to you. Thousands of authors visit The Book Cover Designer every month looking for pre-made book covers (from romance to horror). Why miss out on them seeing yours?
- All you have to do is upload your covers and we take care of the rest. Please read the guidelines and tutorial mentioned below.
- We let you choose how much you sell your covers for.
- Sometimes authors will buy covers for books they haven’t written yet. Your covers can inspire them.
- We spend $$ on promoting your work so you don’t have to.
We pay all of our cover artists a flat rate of 70% per sale. So if you sell a cover for $50 (remember, you choose the price of your covers yourself), you’ll receive $35.
Step by Step
Here’s a summary of how the process works, from start to finish.
1. Register for an account. Remember to tick the box that says ‘Apply to become a designer?’.
3. After your first covers have been approved, it helps if you promote your shop page by driving traffic to it. Here are some ways you could do that:
- link to your shop page from your personal website, Twitter profile, Facebook page, etc
- add a link to your shop in your email signature
- if you post on a relevant forum, consider including a link to your shop in your signature.
You don’t need to do this to get sales, but we’ve noticed that the artists who take extra steps to drive traffic to their shop pages are rewarded for it.
4. When you make a sale, you’ll be notified automatically by email. Sometimes the author will have added a note to the order with the name and title to use on the cover. If this is the case, add the text to the cover and then email the cover to the author using the email address from the order invoice. If the author didn’t specify a name or title, please contact them via email and ask what they would like you to do. Some authors just want the cover as is and like to add the text themselves, for example.
5. Get paid. Every Sunday we send out payments to our designers who have made sales via PayPal. We pay you 70% of the sale price (which you set yourself). So if you sold one cover for $50 on Tuesday, and another for $50 on Friday, we’ll send $70 (70% of $100) to your designated PayPal address on the following Sunday.
Questions about any of this? Contact us.